266days ago13 Replies
 386days ago4 Replies
 391days ago5 Replies
 397days ago1 Replies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellerian_

re: SWTOR expansion and future of Joint Venture

Hello everyone.

As I am sure you are all aware, the features of the new expansion were released on Friday. There are no new operations coming in the expansion - the only possible group content coming seems to be Star Fortresses Mark 2.

As you know, Joint Venture has always set out to be a welcoming and relaxed guild based mostly on doing the larger PvE group content. Sadly we have gone 2 years without any new content of this type and the old stuff is getting very stale for many of us, myself included. I have found it increasingly difficult to motivate myself to organise ops runs in recent months.

So, Joint Venture is going on an ops hiatus from SWTOR for the time being. I'm sure many of us will still log in from time to time to complete the current story and for the new story content in December. According to information from the cantina in New York, Bioware intend to have a livestream on group content in January. If there are new operations announced then, it may be that we return - we have to see what happens and how we feel at that point.

In the meantime, feel free to find new guilds for your chars if you want to be in a more active guild and leave alts behind in JV or not as you wish.

A fairly large group of us have started to play WoW recently. WoW has a lot of group content to keep us entertained for some time. I know WoW is like a dirty word to a lot of people ;) but it is really fun. If you would like to join us there you would be very welcome. We play on Anachronos, mostly alliance side, and have a Joint Venture guild. We also have a presence on Horde side with Defiant Venture. I hope to see a few more of you join us :) Can find me with battletag Ellie#2141

Feel free to keep using TS, even if you are not playing the same game as us anymore, do just drop in for a chat etc.

It feels a bit like an end of an era, although it isn't necessarily totally the end yet. I want to say how much I have enjoyed being the leader of this guild for the last 4.5 years (and guild secretary before that). I've met some wonderful people here in SWTOR - most of them members of JV, and started friendships that I hope last a long time into the future. I love you all.

Do add me on Steam (Ellerian) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/lindsay.wiles.98) if you want to keep in touch.

Going to add some of my favourite Joint Venture SWTOR moments.

Kephess Hard Mode 20/01/13

Took us ages to clear EC the first time. After this we were on a roll of ops kills :)

Draxus NiM 08/06/14

We worked hard to get this one done before the nerf - but wth is Rothy wearing?

and ofc

World First Galactic Conquerors

That's it for now folks!

See you around

Ellie xx

This was about to happen. Unfortunately, Bioware is killing the guilds that focus on endgame raiding.

I will not follow to WoW for the time being. Maybe later if I lose all fun in SWTOR.

Thanks for all the operations and other cool stuff.

Rothcore
Odec

Good times. Sad to be putting it on ice. Lets hope EA wise up and fire the current manager and make some group content.

I'll keep my swtor sub for now, but you'll mostly find me in the Broken Isles on Azeroth ;)

Ryniel - L65 Sage (Healer) .................... Raywen - L65 Operative (Healer)
Neowyn - L65 Sentinel (Kitten) ............. Corlynn - L65 Sorcerer (DPS)
Vhyrna - L65 Commando (DPS) ........... Rycoth - L65 Sniper (DPS)
Nyhreen - L65 Scoundrel (Healer) ....... Vicoriel - L65 Juggernaut (DPS)
Pyrate - L65 Shadow (Tank) ................... Sai-Co - L65 Powertech (Tank)
conscioushours

Thanks for the update Ellie, was just wondering what's going to happen to JV. I sent you a friend request on Steam (conscioushours -- anyone else is welcome to add me too) and will send a friend request on Facebook as well :)

I still have Qin'an in JV and although I have relocated my other characters to Rapid Serenity I'll log in every now and then and say hi if someone's online. 

Cerbion wrote:

I will not follow to WoW for the time being. Maybe later if I lose all fun in SWTOR.

My thoughts exactly, tempted to try out WoW now that I know there would be a friendly guild to join but I simply don't have enough time -- too many MMOs to play already ;) -- but will definitely keep it in mind.

Thanks for the fun times :)

- Qin'an / Caennion

:( i did try WoW but its just not swtor. I will keep on playing and doing my ahievements, its what i enjoy in the game :)

Plexka

I've tried Wow myself, but it's not for me. Too bad that Bioware isn't making any new raids (hoping they add new raid year 2017 tough)

Going to play SWTOR new story ofc, but most of my time (and money) i spend on fitness gym these days, so little by little i'm cutting time to play any games.

It was fun while it lasted, but don't think JV will die ofc, so we could do like some guild year event in SWTOR i hope, wich we did last year and 2014. That sure was fun :)

Cerbion

If people need a new guild to have fun, try Detoxified Raven Squad  on imp side ( www.detoxravensquad.enjin.com ). I'm a Lieutenant there and will get you in :)

Plexka

What about Rep side ?

conscioushours

Plexka wrote:

What about Rep side ?

Well, I joined Rapid Serenity a few weeks ago and can definitely recommend it. There are usually 10+ people online or even 20+ prime time so always people to run FPs or heroics with. They usually run ops once or twice a week, including HM ops once a week and now they've also started doing ranked PvP once a week. Very nice active guild for someone like me who likes a bit of everything so I can only recommend it, although if you're looking for HM/NiM ops multiple times a week etc. then you'll probably want to look for a different guild.

Bioware all about dat monssss

SWTOR lame-o boring now b/c only "new" content is cartel stuff and story junk. No longevity being injected = zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe if bug-o-ware ever release new ops, I'll return to play again, but its just boring now.

Cya on the flip side

Damn, I go off flying for a few weeks and this happens? Anyhow. I'm hanging around, mostly impside, flying and, RP-ing (yes, imagine that). As always, I am taking wingmen (and women) unless they be accursed bombers. And I am sure JV will be back.

Rhaegyr

That new trailer reminded me I hadn't played chapters 9-16 of KOTFE yet. Done with that now and I'll play the new expansion chapters a bit because I like story. What they've done with Swtor is not really Bioware worthy, I'd say.

Who were all the peeps again in the EC screenshot? I recognize Ellie ofc and The Orokeet and myself and fat Zom, but who were the others?

Oh and Zom, I played the Kotfe chapters with a jedi knight because the story did not fit a smuggler at all and I did some GSF with that char in a strikefighter: it's really horrible when you have a ship with 0 upgrades and there are 3 leet imp pilots on the other side. Prolly got blasted by you too :p

Chewy_Yui

I'm the cute twi'lek. That's all who matters ;)

Just wanted to say, i miss ya all...   and ill try and drop in on TS now and again, just to allow you all to nagg on me about joining you in WoW.  image

Looking into the darkness of the night.
I am Hachiman, the warrior of the light.
One too weak alone to fight.
The I draw from power is begining to fade.
There is none who will offer aid.
Without another evil will cascade.
This outcome we must evade.
If someone will join the crusade,
Their trust will not be betrayed.
Until they make themself known,
I must struggle in the Gallaxy alone.

And may the Force be with you all.

/Hachiman

P.s. The picture below is from the day before the world premier, and my finger couldnt have been any itchier! image 

Rouge One

Jump to: